Copyright and use of materials
The Yiddish Children’s Books Collection in the Palmm is a collection of digital resources made from source materials in the Special Collections Department of the Florida Atlantic University Libraries.
- Some source materials are under copyright and have been digitized with the permission of the copyright holder. When this is the case, this information is noted. Your use of these digital images is allowed by law only insofar as it remains within the terms and conditions described.
- In some cases, only a copyright statement will display, with no other restrictions listed. For example, "? Copyright [year], Florida Atlantic University." In this case, the copyrighted page or image may be used for research, instruction and private study under Fair Use as described below.
- If not otherwise noted, the source materials are in the public domain. Use of these digital images created from public domain materials is unrestricted.
Unless additional restrictions are noted, copyrighted electronic materials in this collection may be used for research, instruction, and private study under the provisions of Fair Use. Fair Use is a provision of United States Copyright Law (United States Code, Title 17, section 107) which allows limited use of copyrighted materials under certain conditions. Factors to be considered whether a particular use falls under Fair Use include:
- The purpose or character of the use;
- The nature of the copyrighted work;
- The amount and substantiality of the work being used;
- The effect of the use on the market for and value of the original.
Under Fair Use you may view, print, photocopy, and download images from this site without prior permission, provided that you provide proper attribution of the source on all copies.
For any other use of these electronic materials, including but not limited to display, publication and commercial use, permission of the copyright holder must be obtained.
There are several good sources of information about copyright and Fair Use on the web. For additional information, you may want to start with the Smathers Library Copyright Reference Page at http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/admin/Copyright/Smathers_
Libraries_Policies_and_Procedures.html, or the Copyright Management Center, Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis at http://www.ulib.iupui.edu/special/collections/uarchives/ua089.
ATTRIBUTION OF SOURCE
Citations, quotations, and use of images in this collection made under Fair Use or with permission of the copyright holder must acknowledge their source. Proper attribution includes the name of the resource, the name of the Yiddish Children's Books web site, the name of the copyright holder, and the URL of the Yiddish Children's Books homepage.
PERMISSION FOR USE
Users assume all liability for copyright infringement and are advised to contact the institution holding the source materials for copyright information and permission to use the electronic versions. Permission must be obtained for display, publication, commercial use, or any other use of the digital materials in this collection except as allowed under Fair Use.