Copyright And Use Of Materials
The copyright status of the material is indicated in the Description following the label, "Rights Information." To see the Description, click "Images with Description," "Description Only," or "Description."
- If the statement "Electronic version created [date] as part of the Florida Map Collection project" appears, use of the digital image is unrestricted.
- If the statement "Electronic format copyright  and produced as part of the Florida Map Collection project" appears, the copyrighted page or image may be used for research, instruction and private study as described under Fair Use as described below.
- If the source material is under copyright and has been digitized with the permission of the copyright holder, additional restrictions on use may be listed. Your use of these digital images is allowed by law only insofar as it remains within the terms and conditions listed.
Unless additional restrictions are noted, copyrighted electronic materials in this collection may be used for research, instruction, and private study under the provisions of Fair Use. Fair Use is a provision of United States Copyright Law (United States Code, Title 17, section 107) which allows limited use of copyrighted materials under certain conditions. Factors to be considered whether a particular use falls under Fair Use include:
- The purpose or character of the use;
- The nature of the copyrighted work;
- The amount and substantiality of the work being used;
- The effect of the use on the market for and value of the original.
Under Fair Use you may view, print, photocopy, and download images from this site without prior permission, provided that you provide proper attribution of the source on all copies.
For any other use of these electronic materials, including but not limited to display, publication and commercial use, permission of the copyright holder must be obtained.
There are several good sources of information about copyright and Fair Use on the web. For additional information, you may want to start with the Smathers Library Copyright Reference Page at http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/admin/Copyright/Smathers_
Libraries_Policies_and_Procedures.html, or the Copyright Management Center, Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis at http://www.ulib.iupui.edu/special/collections/uarchives/ua089.
Attribution Of Source
Citations, quotations, and use of images in this collection made under Fair Use or with permission of the copyright holder must acknowledge their source. Proper attribution includes the name of the resource, the name of the World Map Collection project, the name of the copyright holder, and the URL of the World Map Collection project homepage.
Permission For Use
Users assume all liability for copyright infringement and are advised to contact the institution holding the source materials for copyright information and permission to use the electronic versions. Permission must be obtained for display, publication, commercial use, or any other use of the digital materials in this collection except as allowed under Fair Use.
Permission should be requested from the institution holding the source material. The institution is noted in the Description following the label "Location."